Wednesday, November 14, 2012

23 Weeks



We started shopping for nursery furniture last weekend. I seriously think we have, at some point or another, decided on every possibly type of furniture. We've looked at the Mega Stores (B'R'Us / BuyBuyBaby), specialty stores (like Erin's), and finally cheap - but extremely safe! - items (IKEA). I am SO FRUSTRATED with this entire process. Each time we change our mind on the furniture, it has a domino-effect on all the other aspects of the nursery we supposedly settled on. I have NEVER spent this much time looking for furniture for any part of my house like I have this damn nursery. This morning, Sunday, we finally ordered the crib. I got to the point, by the end, that I just didn't care anymore. I just wanted it done.

Meanwhile, there's the nursery "design," which is currently much less frustrating than the furniture. I think I've said it before: I am NOT good with design and my house is only nice because Erin helped me hang all my pictures. I also have zero DIY skills. However, I have caught the pinterest bug and have become mildly nursery-obssessed. I spent my entire MBA class on Tuesday scanning through examples on Project Nursery looking for inspiration (which, btw, I have never ever "looked for inspiration" in any other part of my house/lifestyle). The underlying theme is Winnie the Pooh, but I don't want it to look like Disney puked on my nursery. I want Winnie the Pooh bedding and maybe a few accents (lamp, window valance, etc) but I want other non-Pooh things on the walls. My secondary "accent" is sage green polka dots. I've loaded my Pinterest Board with my nursery "inspirations."

AND... also on the to-do list is start to find a pediatrician. My primary doctor moved out to Broomall a year ago, which is like over an hour hike from my house (good thing I never see her). My mom and Erin are both out on 422 which I don't necessarily want because, pending traffic, it can be a b*tch getting out there. My ideal would be something on the Upper Main Line - Wayne, Strafford, etc - area. Without paying a membership fee to Angie's List, I'm not sure of the proper way to go about finding the perfect pediatrician!

Baby size: Grapefruit (which, btw, Rachel, is SOUR fruit - hehe)

Total weight gain: 14 lbs. Instead of staying flat for one week, I jumped TWO lbs this week. Not happy.

Maternity Clothes: The [young] cafeteria lady at work asked me where I bought my maternity clothes because she thought they were so cute. That really made my day. :)

Sleep: Getting even better. We've opened our windows to let the chilly fall air in and it's wonderful. I sleep so well in an igloo!

Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary. Craved ice cream on Wednesday and tried this new create-your-own-sundae frozen yogurt place called Kiwi and it was delicious!

Anything make me sick? Cleaning sprays. My office is very close to the kitchenette at work, and every afternoon when the cleaning lady mops the floor, I have to close my office door to block out the smell. Ugh.

Pregnancy Symptoms of the Week: Nada. Maybe tiredness?

What I miss: My old desk chair. No, this has nothing to do with being pregnant. I ordered a new desk chair because my other one was old. Now I decided I hate my new chair and want my old crappy chair back, but maintenance already threw it out. Fml.

Movement: Kickin' away! Adam is constantly impressed with the force of the kicks. He loves to kiss my belly and I'm waiting for the day the Baby kicks him in the nose. :P

Embarrassing Cry of the Week: The nursery. This damn nursery has brought me to tears. I just want us to make a decision. And stick with it. And then be able to find all the perfect pieces to go with it. :(

Excited for: CLEANING THE BASEMENT THIS WEEK! The OCD organizer freak in me LOVES to do purge-sort-organize projects (I once accidentally found my Christmas gift when tackling the guest closet). And this Thanksgiving, in prep work for the guest room/office move, we are attacking the basement storage which is a mess since we never properly 'unpacked' the storage areas when we moved in (um, who does?). We have a fair amount of space, but it's just not organized, and we have a lot of leftover junk from the previous owners (extension cords, wires, paint cans, etc). There is nothing more exciting for me than MASS ORGANIZATION. Adam, on the other hand, will be in complete hell and I suspect at least 2 trips to Starbucks for pumpkin spice lattes to keep him motivated. Maybe I'll do before-and-after photo montage... (of the basement, not Adam).

Countdown to the Gender Reveal: 9 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment