Saturday, January 19, 2013

32 Weeks and Baby Shower!


This weekend was my [our] baby shower and it was fantastic. I had a great time seeing all my friends, my family, and... finally announcing that we are having a BOY!!! We announced it by letting my mom (future "grandma") and Adam's mom ("mom mom") open a box with 3 balloons (NOT symbolizing triplets, lol).




And then the "prize" for guessing the right gender was a delicious oreo cake pop, decorated for a baby and pacifier with a blue bonnet!



It was extra special for me to have all 3 of my grandmothers there at the shower - 2 drove down from NY and 1 flew up from Florida. I am reminded once again how lucky I am to have all 3 grandmothers still alive, especially so after this week we had the sad news that Adam's grandmother - his last remaining grandparent - died in her sleep on Thursday at 96. So, I was extra thankful that I could have all three grandmothers at my shower.

This is me shrinking down because, with my heels on, I'm about 4.5 inches taller than my grandmothers, who have shrunk over time, as well.


Baby size: Regular Squash (not to be confused with butternut squash at Week 34 or acorn squash at Week 29...). Another website said the baby was as large as a 'jicama' - but I have no idea what that is.

It's a... BOY!

Total weight gain: 25 lbs. I have completely given up on figuring out weight. I gain, I lose, I gain again. At this point, I'm eating healthy and that's what matters from here on out. I indulge my cravings when I want, and stop when I'm full. At this point, that's the best I can do.

Maternity Clothes: This week I finally pulled out the maternity short-sleeve shirts that I borrowed from my sister-in-law (a summer pregnancy). The office has gotten SO HOT during the winter months, that I absolutely cannot stand to be in long-sleeves anymore. And it's not just me and my crazy preggo hormones, others agree that the office is overheated.

Sleep: I have good nights and bad nights. Good nights I may wake up 3-4 times to switch positions and pee. Bad nights I may be up every hour. The peeing isn't too bad (I can stumble to the bathroom and back like a pro), but it's the switching positions and rearranging all 5 pillows that is really a pain. I've found I sleep the best when the room is FREEZING (windows open/fan on), which makes me so glad - once again - that I am pregnant in the winter!

Cravings: Dark chocolate

Anything make me sick? Nada

Pregnancy Symptoms of the Week: Sensitive teeth/gums. I pride myself on having very good dental hygenie, but at the dentist this week, my gums bled like crazy and my teeth were uber-sensitive all day (like only-ice-cream-and-soup-diet-kind-of-sensitive). Once again, this is a "common while pregnant due to increased blood flow" but wow-za does it hurt! First time ever that my dentist appointment was worse than my Brazilian wax!

What I miss: A good night's sleep. I think I'm going to miss this for the next year.

Movement: Baby Cole generally sleeps all day and kicks all night. All medical advisorsies stress paying attention to baby movement because if there is a decrease, something could be wrong. One night, I realized he hadn't started moving again after his day of sleep, so I kind of poked and proded him until he woke up. Then he went CRAZY, so much so that I could barely get to sleep. Serves me right for waking him up!

Embarrassing Cry of the Week: Nada yet.

General Mood: Happy/excited. All week was anticipating the baby shower, and now with the baby shower over, I am so excited to continue the projects I'd put on hold (finalizing the nursery, buying baby supplies, etc) until after.

Excited Nervous for: We have our 32-week Kidney Checkup appointment this week. This is the follow-up to our Anatomy scan (see details here) where they noticed abnormal fluid levels in the kidney. I'm VERY stressed about this appointment. I know in the beginning I said I was relieved that it wasn't brain or heart, but I still am nervous because I want my baby totally healthy, and home with me - not back in the hospital for corrective surgery. :( And worse (crazy mommy brain on overdrive) what if they find something else?! I mean, better to find out early, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment