Sunday, February 10, 2013

35 Weeks

You may notice from the picture that I am officially down to one ring. My engagement ring has always been ever so slightly smaller than my wedding band (I think it has to do with the shape of the band), and after a few days of salty foods (see below under "things that make me sick"), it got really tight. I got it off no problem in the shower but it was very uncomfortable. So now, one ring!

Accomplishments this week:

  • Car Seat installed - check!
  • Hospital bags packed - check!
  • Infant Safety (Car Seat/CPR) class attended - check!
  • Shower/birthday gifts bought - check! This was another interesting tip I got from a pinterest link. Post-baby, the rest of the world moves on with their birthdays and festivities (what?!), and it is recommended to buy pre-baby all the gifts needed to bring to people's events so you don't have to be worrying about it post-baby. So I bought my sister's wedding shower and birthday gifts, and they are wrapped and sitting in the corner waiting to be whisked away!
  • Nursing Bras ordered - check! I'm a little worried about sizing. I'm currently still measuring a small, but I may get them and find I need a medium once all the milk comes in. But I didn't want to have NO nursing bras and be leaking while waiting for them to come in.
  • Last Nursery Décor Ordered - check! That means once my final Amazon order comes in a week or two, I'll be posting nursery photos!

    Baby size: Coconut

    It's a... BOY!

    Total weight gain: 31 lbs. Omg. I think 3 lbs is the biggest jump so far this pregnancy. Ugh ugh ugh. Third trimester sucks.

    Maternity Clothes: I caved this week and got my first pair of flats! According to my husband and mother-in-law, they aren't flats because they have a 2" wedge, but a 2" wedge is so much flatter than my normal heel PLUS, being wedge, they are much more stable. So I call them flats. Look: aren't they adorable?!?! :) On a much sadder note, I finally outgrew one maternity top. It was a size small purple peasant blouse (not my favorite anyway) and Thursday morning I couldn't button the belly buttons. Grrrrrr.

    Sleep: Still fluctuates. More medicore nights than good now. Sun/Fri = great. Mon/Tues/Wed = mediocre (I woke up A LOT, but kept falling back to sleep, so it wasn't the worst). Thurs = TERRIBLE (waking every hour or more, aches, cramps, bad positions, awful!).

    Cravings: Juice (I've been on a vitamin C kick for weeks now; maybe Baby Cole wants to build up his immunity before being birthed into our germ-filled world?)

    Anything make me sick? Excess junk food. Superbowl Sunday was the justified junk food day. Mon/Tues I got back into my healthy work eating habits, but was still snacking on leftover junk food in the evenings. Wednesday morning, after eating a piece of chocolate cake in the office for breakfast, my body rebelled and said : ENOUGH WITH THE UNHEALTHY CRAP. And I was sooooo sick all morning at work. I'm pretty sure my body would have rebelled even if I wasn't pregnant, but the rebellion was so much worse being pregnant. I also bloated much worse from the unhealthy salty foods, and that's when I finally took off my engagement ring.

    Pregnancy Symptoms of the Week: (1) Starting to get a lot of back pain mid-afternoon at work. Periodically, I'll shut my door and do every prenatal yoga pose I can think of. Cat/cow stretches, which I once thought were pointless, feel amazing now. Squatting (which we hold for at least 3 min every class) is my new best friend. (2) I think I'm getting a few Braxton Hicks. It's like a slight uncomfortable tightening of my belly - sometimes it just feels like Baby Cole is pushing on my belly - and sometimes it's actually a tad uncomfortable. I've noticed maybe one or two a day, which is normal.

    What I miss: Uninterrupted sleep, ease of motion, my body, my normal clothes, etc etc. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about beer, wine, and cocktails. I would give up drinking alcohol permanently if I could just sleep through the night, put my boots on without a struggle, go shopping in normal stores for cute non-preggo clothes, and not feel like a gigantic fat*ss all day.

    Movement: Baby Cole's hiccups, once cute and hardly noticeable, are now annoying. My entire belly jumps, not visibly to others, but I feel it. Fortunately, they are short-lived, although growing more frequent to once every other day. Much more common - as in almost daily - is him head-butting my bladder and suddenly it's like OMG, I HAVE TO PEE SO F**KING BAD!

    Embarrassing Cry of the Week: Tiredness and being pregnant. After a terrible night's sleep Thursday, Friday was a disaster day. Friday morning everything was worthy of a good cry; even putting my boots on the wrong feet made my eyes well up with tears. Adam was playing emergency make-Emily-stop-crying referee all morning long. Then Friday night, we were lounging on the couch watching "The Town" (great movie, btw) and after it ended, I just BAWLED. The movie didn't even have sad ending; I was just so DONE and just needed a good cry. Adam was frantically trying to figure out how to fix "it," but really the cry reason was just tiredness and being pregnant.

    General Mood: The last two months REALLY drag. I'm back to my first trimester counting... "5 and a half weeks left to go..." (+ the inevitable late delay that will throw me into a tantrum). I really don't WANT to be that miserable pregnant woman; I know there are women all around me that can't get pregnant (I found out this weekend that my favorite OB has never been able to have kids - imagine being an OB, delivering everyone else's kids, and never being able to have your own!), so I want to be grateful/positive but I'm just plain getting cranky.

    Excited for: There's not a lot of big things left to happen on baby side. I'm looking forward to putting the stamp of "DONE" on the nursery. This week is also Valentine's Day, so I'm looking forward to our dinner out; we tended to do sushi in the past, but that doesn't work preggo, so we went steakhouse and picked Capital Grill. Next weekend, we are planning to go to Movie Tavern to see the 5th Die Hard. I admit, as lame as they can be, I'm a huge sucker for the Die Hard movies. #1 and #4 are my favorite so far, but all the ones in between aren't even that bad, as corny as they are.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment